December 17 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating indefinitely
A skill-sharing or self-help session for local rough-sleepers.
Long-term homeless people are invited to share their survival skills, tips and tricks with people finding themselves on the streets for the first time.
The sessions will also provide:
- info – printed answers to questions that come up each week
- a clothes fixing space – providing sewing machine, zips, buttons & fabric
- blanket exchange – bring in a dirty damp blanket & swap for a clean dry one
- facilities – tea & coffee, toilet, electricity
- other experts – experts invited to speak on subjects such as: rough sleeping & the law, tent living & the law, van living and the law etc
- Dope Magazine – An alternative to the Big Issue provided by Dog Section Press, rough sleepers are invited to sell the magazine, and keep the money
Where: PRSC Space on the corner of Jamaica Street and Hillgrove Street, BS2
When: 2-4pm Tuesday afternoons
What: This is a space for sharing skills and helping people stay safe
Drunkenness or substance abuse will not be tolerated at these sessions and anyone engaging in disruptive behaviour will be asked to leave.
Do you know anyone who would benefit from this session? Or with good knowledge to share? Please pass this invitation on.
If you are interested drop in 2-4pm any Tuesday.
Downloadable and shareable flyer about this event here, please share.