Volunteer with us
How can I help?
There are many great projects at PRSC that rely on the support of volunteers. From painting to admin, cleaning to creating, carpentry to book-keeping, web editing to tiling, along with the specific opportunities mentioned below.
Please complete the application form if you’re up for getting involved.
Volunteer Events Team
The PRSC offers an affordable venue for political, cultural or community activities. To keep the hire costs down we are building a volunteer events team that can help take bookings; offer venue viewings and inductions to event managers, and help out on site during the events.
We also run our own in-house events (such as the People’s Art Fair and the School of Activism) designed to empower and inspire and we are always looking for volunteers to help plan, promote and manage these events.
We are recruiting a team of events volunteers who are happy working in all the aspects of our events. Here are some of the common tasks…
- Events assistants: Help to staff the cafe/bar; assist with workshops; invigilate exhibitions; help out at the opening nights etc.
- Bookings assistants: Dealing with inquiries from artists and event managers, giving viewings and inductions.
- PR assistant: Helping to promote our in-house events. We need help creating content for social media, creating listings and putting up posters.
These roles will involve some training and can grow into: market manager, exhibition manager, and party facilitator.
Helping to keep PRSC and the neighbourhood clean, tidy and functioning.
- Maintenance assistants: a casual drop in role, we need help keeping the yard clean, removing tags from the building, trying to keep Turbo Island tidy etc.
Murals & Walls
Help painting colourful, topical, political artwork around the city
- Painters, Artists, Muralists: help needed as & when, with activities ranging from painting over tags and touching up murals to full-blown, large scale artworks (with the opportunity to work mid-large scale, alone and in teams on walls and pieces in central locations).
- Legal Walls Campaigner: help us agitate for legal graffiti walls in Bristol.
Stokes Croft China
Profits from our lovely china shop go directly back in to supporting PRSC’s community activism and artistic activities.
- China Sales Assistant: help us charm the customers, learn about our wares and keep the shop shipshape as we sell china and thus fund the rest of our awesome work.
Do you have a few hours you can spare each week?
Would you prefer to take on a more long term role?
- Diversity Officer: help us become a more diverse organisation that better reflects the local community.
- Fundraising Officer: help us raise some cash!