PRSC is hosting a skill-sharing or self-help session for local rough-sleepers on Tuesday afternoons from 2-4pm.
Long-term homeless people are invited to share their survival skills, tips and tricks with people finding themselves on the streets for the first time.
The sessions will also provide:
- info – printed answers to questions that come up each week
- a clothes fixing space – providing sewing machine, zips, buttons & fabric
- blanket exchange – bring in a dirty damp blanket & swap for a clean dry one
- facilities – tea & coffee, toilet, electricity
- other experts – experts invited to speak on subjects such as: rough sleeping & the law, tent living & the law, van living and the law etc
- Dope Magazine – alternative to The Big Issue provided by Dog Section Press, sell the magazine, keep the money
Where: PRSC Space on the corner of Jamaica Street and Hillgrove Street BS2
When: 2-4pm Tuesday afternoons – starting August 27
What: This is a space for sharing skills and helping people stay safe
Drunkenness or substance abuse will not be tolerated at these sessions and anyone engaging in disruptive behaviour will be asked to leave.
Read about our Street Survival sessions in the news: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-50314450
Do you know anyone who would benefit from this session, or with knowledge to share?
Please pass this invitation on, share this page or send a link to this flyer.
If you are interested, drop in 2-4pm any Tuesday.
The work PRSC does is entirely self-funded, through sales from Stokes Croft China and our event Space. Due to the current Covid-19 measures these are both temporarily closed, so please donate if you can.