PRSC The Space is located in a historic building, and has been beautifully and sensitively restored to allow maximum flexibility for hosting creative events and exhibitions.
The Space is used for our own events and meetings, and it can be hired to host events based around film/documentary screenings, art/photography exhibitions, workshops, meetings, theatre performances, rehearsal space and more.
This PRSC Space is versatile and can host up to 150 people standing or 80 seated. This can be booked for all sorts of inspiring public and private events. Available to hire daytime and evening, the event space is equipped for theatrical performances with Stage Lighting and PA. The PRSC Space main entrance can be found at 17 Hillgrove Street, Stokes Croft.
The space is ideal for:
- Public Debates
- Innovative theatre
- Alternative and Experimental Theatre
- We have a Cafe Bar
- 10.4m X 11.6m, see floor plan for detailed measurements
- (stage area: 4m X 6.4m)
17-25 Jamaica Street, BS2 8JP. Access through double doors on the corner with Hillgrove Street
Up to 150 people standing and 80 seated – depending on stage/seating configuration
Included as standard
- 8 x 4ft wooden stage blocks, black.
- Kitchen (equipped with crockery, glassware, some cutlery, utensils, kettle, sink with H&C)
- Bar area – large serving hatch, 2 x fridge
- 2 x toilets (both have Hot and Cold running water and will be stocked with loo roll – you might want to BYO hand towels, as we don’t have hand-dryers)
- Tables (there are 4 or 5 odd sized tables, in reasonable condition)
- Foldable chairs (approx. 70)
- Furniture on wheels including 2 shelves for storage (H 2.6m X W 2.58m X D 0.64m), sofas and smaller items
Sound and lighting
- Lighting – Fluorescent strip lights & 3 x white ‘spots’
- Sound – Please ask for inventory
- Projector with screen
- PA system
- £15 hourly rate
- £120 daily rate
- If you represent a charity or are planning an event for more than 3 days, we are happy to discuss pricing with you.
Set up and Hire of Equipment
- If you would like any assistance in setting up your event, this will be charged at £10 per hour.
Good to know
- Noise/timings: there must be no amplified noise after 21.00hrs. All guests must be out of the building and external doors locked by 23hrs at the latest.
- Full payment will be required to secure your booking.