Training & experience in Professional Venue Management Skills
- Bookings administration and communication
- Events planning
- Health and Safety, upkeep & maintenance, risk management
- Licensing / bar / stock control
- Giving inductions and advice to venue hirers
- Events equipment (sound & lighting)
- Policy review & development
- Full training
- Weekly team meeting
- Regular 1-1 support
- basic written & verbal communication
- 18 years or older
- People interested in working with culture and events and looking for industry experience
Five volunteers start at the same time and work as a team, and each one has to commit to a 4 month programme, from 1st March to 1st July 2022, consisting of:
- 1x 2 hour admin session each week
- Regular 1-1 meeting
- Weekly Wednesday team meeting
- Occasional venue inductions, looking after events
People who do well in this programme and want to stay with us could join the team managing in-house events, or potentially help train & supervise future volunteers. This is the first version of the programme we are running so you will also get the chance to help us shape and develop it.
We are seeking expressions of interest before 14th February, 2022.
PRSC welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and identities.
We are holding an open meeting on Wednesday 9th February, 4-6pm at the PRSC Space for anyone to come and meet us and ask us questions.