This vacancy has now been filled.
This is a customer and community facing role to administer, support and co-ordinate bookings & facilities hire at PRSC, the role requires the post-holder to respond to and manage events, emails and booking enquiries.
Part-time, 16 hours/week. Starting salary £8,736 (£10.50 p/h). Closing date: Thursday 20 July, 17:00.
PRSC Bookings Coordinator is one of the key roles at the centre of PRSC CIC Social Enterprise – responding to and managing events, emails and bookings enquiries and co-ordinating across work areas. The core goals of this role are to:
- Manage venue bookings and facilities hire
- Liaise with the Volunteer Coordinator when required to provide volunteers in support of events
- Support the development and delivery of in-house events (such as School of Activism, People’s Art Fair, etc) including promoting events
- Support PRSC’s educational work including helping to plan & deliver workshops, etc
- Support the organisation’s financial sustainability
- Uphold and promote all of PRSC’s policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Confidentiality and Codes of Conduct
Administrative and Financial Management:
- Manage departmental budget and monitor cash-flow
- Send and chase invoices, settle accounts, liaise with suppliers and customers
- Make and authorise payments in conjunction with our book-keeper
- Provide financial information to Operations Manager
- Oversee Health and Safety of Volunteers and visitors and monitor our compliance with Health and Safety legal requirements and good practices
- Liaise with staff, suppliers and customers
- Support the PRSC team with internal communications
- Support events/hire with external promotion
- Engage with and welcome the local community to the PRSC
- Liaise with other staff to ensure safe smooth running of events and facilities
- Work with the Digital Comms Manager to promote events and facilities hire via our website and newsletter
No job description can be fully comprehensive and the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities that are broadly consistent with the above job description.
Skills & experience
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and email
- Experience of Events work
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for businesses, employers and events, Safeguarding and GDPR, or a willingness to learn
- Confidence and ability to manage own workload
- Good communication skills both in person and in writing
- Flexibility and an ability to respond quickly to a changing situation
- Can maintain excellent customer care and stay on schedule in a busy working environment
- Experience of bookings administration or bookings management systems
- Some experience of social media and WordPress
- A good understanding of basic book-keeping and financial management practices
- Experience of supporting volunteers or providing some volunteer supervision
- Experience of working in flat-structured / non-traditional workplaces or cooperatives
- Knowledge of the PRSC’s core activities and values
Starting salary: £8,736 (£10.50 p/h)
Hours: 16 hours/week
Subject to 6 month review
Closing date for applications: Thursday 20 July, 17:00.
Interviews will take place w/c 24 July at the PRSC offices.
- The hours for this role are fairly flexible, the bookings coordinator will generally be free to arrange their hours however works best, and the job will be easier to do if you spread it across the whole week (because it involves staying on top of an email inbox). We have a weekly staff meeting at 10am on Wednesday mornings that the bookings coordinator would be expected to attend, and our working days are generally 10am to 6pm.
To ensure a smooth handover it is hoped that the successful candidate will be able to commence as soon as possible.
To apply please send us a CV with a cover letter explaining how you meet the person specification.
or post to Bookings Job, People’s Republic of Stokes Croft, 35 Jamaica Street, Bristol, BS2 8JP
PRSC is an equal opportunities organisation.
Read the PRSC mission statement »