Wanted: Retail Manager
The People’s Republic Of Stokes Croft is a radical art-based collective whose work in enabling social change is largely funded by the sale of china and art produced in our workshops.
We are re-assessing our shop and website policies and need a committed community activist with retail experience to manage our shop/gallery and help develop our online and wholesale activities through this period of massive change in the retail environment.
PRSC operates a philosophy of We Make Our Own Future. The successful applicant must aspire to this ambition.
Job responsibilities include:
- Recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff (including volunteers). Organising shop volunteer roster
- Marketing and liaising with PRSC media crew
- Being financially capable and able to maintain statistical and financial records
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Setting sales targets and growing the business
- Working in the physical shop and helping develop online sales which are a growing part of the business
- Overseeing pricing and stock control
- Liaising with china workshop and print workshop and reporting to directors
This role would particularly suit a young person with suitable qualifications, or a more experienced person returning to work. Support and training will be given, but the ability to work independently is essential.
Starting salary: £17,000 for a 37.5 hour week. Four weeks holiday. Three-month trial.
PRSC is an equal opportunities organisation.
How to Apply
People’s Republic Of Stokes Croft
35 Jamaica Street
Closing date for applications has been extended to midnight August 31, 2020
Interviews will be held in early September.