We’re looking for an Operations Manager to support and co-ordinate the management functions of PRSC across its range of activities and income streams by planning, reporting, monitoring, progress-chasing and effective administration.
Part-time, 24 hours/week. Starting salary £20,475 pro rata (£10.50 p/h). Closing date: Tuesday 28 February, 23:59.
The PRSC Operations Manager is at the centre of the PRSC social enterprise, managing business, responding to stakeholders and co-ordinating across work areas. The core goals of this role are to:
- Help PRSC to be as radical in their business and employment strategies as they are in their social, political and artistic movements
- Steer the organisation so it can become financially sustainable
- Manage departmental budgets and monitor cash-flow
- Send and chase invoices, settle accounts, liaise with creditors and debtors
- Make and authorize payments in conjunction with book-keeper
- Oversee book-keeping, accounting and financial reporting
- Provide financial information to board
- Maintain HR policies and procedures
- Oversee pay-roll, annual leave, sickness absence and staff supervision processes
- Write contracts, job descriptions, and help with recruitment
- Manage new staff induction process and carry out inductions
- Lead on operation of grievance, performance management and other formal processes in partnership with specialist HR advice
- Oversee Health and Safety of staff, volunteers and visitors, and monitor compliance with HS legal requirements and good HS practice.
- Work with Volunteer Manager to ensure all volunteers are receiving appropriate tasks and are safe and adequately trained for the activities to which they are assigned.
- Prepare letters, presentations and reports
- Liaise with staff and suppliers
- Support the PRSC team with internal communications
- Chair weekly staff meetings, prepare meeting agendas
- Facilitate monthly strategy meetings and document discussions
- Help to manage the public hire process of various PRSC facilities
- Oversee general running of the building, send meter readings, liaise with technical manager about building maintenance issues
- Uphold and promote all of PRSC’s policies and procedures, particularly those relating to equality and diversity, confidentiality and codes of conduct.
No job description can be fully comprehensive and the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities that are broadly consistent with the above job description.
Skills & experience
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent knowledge (and love) of Excel spreadsheets
- Experience of managing staff and of providing staff supervisions
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements for businesses and employers
- A good understanding of book-keeping and financial management practices
- Confidence and an ability to manage own workload
- Good communication skills, and confidence speaking in front of groups
- Flexibility and an ability to respond quickly to a changing situation
- An understanding of the principles of safeguarding and of GDPR
- Experience of developing and applying policies and or systems across an organisation or department
- Experience of working in flat-structured / non-traditional workplaces or cooperatives
- Knowledge of the PRSC’s core activities and values
- A passion for positive social change
Starting salary: £20,475 pro rata (£10.50 p/h)
Hours: 24 hours/week
Subject to 6 month review
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 28 February, 23:59.
Interviews first week of March, start date mid March.
or post to Operations Job, People’s Republic of Stokes Croft, 35 Jamaica Street, Bristol, BS2 8JP
PRSC is an equal opportunities organisation.
Read the PRSC mission statement »